Sunday, October 15, 2006

my SOP of my life

I had to write a SOP for one of the companies coming out here for my summers..
so decided to write it in my own way. Here it goes...

When I entered the hallowed portals of IIT for my post graduation, I wanted to get a nice job and settle down in my life. When I left the hallowed portals, I was no more the same person. It was no more about nice job. I decided to achieve excellence in whatever I do and make difference in people’s life. I knew that it sounded idealistic but decided that it will be my path. The path with ethics and values might be the hardest one but I enjoy the voyage more than the destination. I believe that there is no place for mediocrity in my life. I realized that what I learn and contribute can be compared to a small stone in an ocean. I decided that learning will be a continuous process in my life.

I realized from my life that small gestures shown by someone can motivate others to great heights. I decided that motivating others to aim high in their lives would be an integral part of my life. I constantly remind people surrounding me about their potential. I want to be a leader with a vision matching the vision of the organization. I firmly believe that my success in life will be rated by myself rather than anyone else.

If I can make a significant contribution to the organization, If I can groom people around me, If I can make a difference to their lives, If I can enjoy what I do and I do what enjoy, If I can be play my social roles in a perfect manner, If I learn day in and day out from whatever I see and experience in my life, If I solve challenging problems, I would consider my life to be successful.

8 comments:

lakshmi said...

Thanks Karthik ..a lil encouragement doesnt harm anyone :D..sure goes a long way.
Btw, second time? You got me curious, whether or not that was the intention.

Anonymous said...

1. I will be writing... in english blog too. but in malayalam blog i get terrific responses. (didnt you see that?)

2. You moved to blogger beta. Good.

3. I noticed the change in title. The title description line is paradoxical/ironic (Arbit posts and nothing is written with audience in mind. - it looks like this itself is for audience. Remove the line itself, or change it or atleast remove the word "nothing".

Sands

Anonymous said...

by the way, in your SOP, the word "I" repeats a lot, most of the lines start in the same way - "I verb+past.tense" (I wanted, I decided, I knew, I realized etc.)

the idea you convey is good. improve the presentation.

altogether i liked it anyway :)

sands

Anonymous said...

dude,

if you dont share your profile, you will lose all the hit rate.

that is the gate-way to your blog.

sands.

Anonymous said...

There are very few people who give due consideration to their social responsibilities. Most of them don't realize it, and the most out of the rest don't bother. But I believe that the remaining few can make a big difference.

--
Hiran

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@hiran
welcome :)

Anonymous said...

"If I can enjoy what I do and I do what enjoy"

Shouldn't it be "and do what I enjoy".

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@vimal
there again :)....
yeah u r rite..