Sunday, October 22, 2006

clan,pondicherry and my 25th birthday contd....



I turn 25 tomorrow. Exactly two years ago I celebrated my birthday at Pondicherry with the clan. The clan arranged for my Bday cake and I cut, I repeat , I cut the cake in the beach road of pondicherry when the clock struck 12. The clan gave the cake to each one who passed by. I was pretty tensed about the whole affair. There are some 10 families whom I know in pondicherry(the whole city is full of my relatives and friends). I didnt reveal to anyone of them about my whereabouts. They were calling me for the whole day and I didn't pick the cell due to roaming charges :D. I couldnt call them back as they might have a caller id and they will realise that i called them from pondicherry. Finally i called each and every one of them after I reached chennai. I lied a lot that day :D.But that was one of the best birthdays in my life.

My birthday is usually associated with a bad experience in my life or in clan's life. So generally the clan becomes anxious when my birthday is nearing. Let me post incase something interesting happens

U realise that u r getting old when children call u uncle. I was born to my father when he was 26... Sigh :D (25 + 1 = 26 incase u do not get the hint). No inferences please :D.

p.s : photo : clan in pondicherry beach road.

4 comments:

lakshmi said...

u made me jealous..anyways, have yet another memorable bday..

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@lakshmi

Thanks...:)

"u made me jealous" -- because im still single :)) or bcause im 25 :)???

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Happy Birthday yaar. though belated

--
Hiran

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@hiran
thanks and its not belated... today is my day