Saturday, October 21, 2006

the clan

Today is the festival of lights..sigh. Four years ago when I was in my final year, I was forced to take oil bath by the leader of the clan,deepak aka Gundan. Gundan is the funniest guy I have ever met in my life. Time just flies away when he is near you. there was nothing intellectual to speak with him. Just pure leg pullings. We were his big fans. On the day of diwali, we used to sit in a row. Gundan will apply oil in our heads. After that bath, we used to go a day scholor's house. After grubbing like pigs, we used to go for a movie(most probably vijay movie as many of us were vijay fans),come back and sleep. This year, I woke up at 10.00 A.m. There were lots of diwali wishes but it was not heart felt. No one was there to apply oil in my head. Ofcourse there are no theatres to screen thalaivar movies. some four people called me out for the lunch. I went with them. They spoke in hindi through out the lunch without noticing me. I silently ate the lunch, came back and watched few songs in youtube and plan to sleep for the rest of the day.

So y am i blogging this ? because i miss the clan. The fiercly loyal tribe, who felt that it was shame to think with heads, who went with their hearts out to protect the members of the clan. Nothing was personal and we had amazing wavelengths. Other attributes which the clan shared were
--> we were baptised with class spirit.
--> No gal in the gang (gals were strict no..no. We saw them as dumb headed and not loyal in a relationship. Ofcourse we have travelled a long way since then. How we miss a gal now!!!. Clan, we made a bloody mistake those days)
--> dark skin (donno how. it just happened..everyone was dark )
--> amazing in sports ( everyone was an university player except yours truly :) )
--> last benchers (yeah.. its OBVI)
--> our own shares of crushes and bulbs which we got were legend in the college.
(especially Gundan. Whomever he falls in love with , will get committed to some other guy. Any gal who reads this and wants to get committed can contact gundan and request him to fall in crush with her. Chances are very bright for the gal to get committed with someone who is very smart, rich.)

I toast for success in Ur lives. Cheers( the only teetotaler in the gang was/is me).
so what is the clan doing now ? Leader is an Aussie citizen.
one is in Singapore. two are in noida. One is in oxford univ, one is in tcs, one is in IIM,Joka (mother ******). One is preparing for IAS, some in US and me in their hearts(me being the pet of the clan) :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really good one. one of the best posts of yours!!

sands.

i am sorry - i cant give you heartfelt diwali wishes. somehow it doesnt come from me !! :(

anyway my real heartfelt wishes for monday :)

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@sands
intially i thought that u thought that diwali is on monday.
I forgot the significance of monday :))
glad that u liked this post.