Wednesday, February 07, 2007

hmm ..interests

well, since i was asked by me (otherside's other side = me..what bull crap..its adi) to write a post on my interests (i was tagged by him), here it goes...(not in order..so arbit ordering)

1) NP hard problems... generally they are medium sized problems(atleast in SAT). So hard to solve. Does it apply to culture ? If we have a huge population or a small population, are we doomed to perish ? I was generally thinking about this. Y cant i put an exploratory paper on this ?

2) what do u call a field which apply maths to social sciences, links physics with management
computer science and finance... I want to work in such a field..

3) why kerala model works ? I guess almost all managers like macroeconomics...

4) "Counterpoint" in Indian music.. Has any other music director used it other than ilayaraja ?..

5) Make an intelligent movie for middle class unlike maniratnam or karan johar. I want life in my movie and the cast will be
Kamalhasan -- villain
Mohanlal -- comedian
surya or vikram -- Hero
Nandita das / meera jasmine -- heroine

6) why do people think alike ? After I read "culture and psyche", I try to attribute whatever I do to freudism or some shit like that.

7) Dark,thin gals. I want to "explore" them :).

8) How and why does "Times of India" sell ? I guess finding answer to this should be easy.

9) Learn guitar. Atleast once in lifetime, I have to play his Bass-guitar special songs.

10) Listen and appreciate different genres of music.

At this point, I looked again into adi's posts. I saw some entry like "an applied field of unrelated functional domains" which is similar to what i said in point 2 ?

11) find out what is success...? is it a process or state ? y is it driving me crazy ?

12) start a quit club(like fight club). Suddenly you resign, move out of the place, roam for 10 days, come back and search for a job. I guess it will be exciting :)

13) Learn basketball ... Late but still I want to learn it. I love the gracefulness of the game. slam Dunk....

I guess I should go back now and read operation research for the mid term on Friday. Pausing my interests for time being...

6 comments:

The Visitor said...

Maybe you need to bloghop also! Maybe I'll give you some links. Reached here from Zu's Garden

The Lonely Backpacker said...

yup..but no time :) in a B school..but suits my interest :)

Anonymous said...

12th point is the one that i have been thinking about for sometime...

-Dhil

The Visitor said...

As I promised here is a link for you - I am assuming that you are a Rahman fan - About Rahman

The Visitor said...

After reading your blog, I started reading, Franny and Zooey, a book by J D Salinger. While erading up on Salinger, I was reminded of you, I dont know why, I given a link to him on wiki.

The Lonely Backpacker said...

Dear visitor

I saw the link which u gave me.. it seems Salinger rarely had sex with his wife.. Me no way like that..:P
and its not like i like privacy.. I like to be with friends who are of my wavelength..thats it :)