Friday, November 10, 2006

so long and thanks for all the fish

Got my summers and a dream profile too. Just a small beginning to my vast voyage of life. As far as management is concerned, I learnt what I can learn in two years. I just stayed course and didn't allow anyone else to influence me. Kept my nerves though in small intervals I got psyched and distressed.
I applied only for Finance based companies. I got shortlisted in few and didn't convert many of the GD's.
GD's are the biggest sham I have ever seen in recruitment. Highly arbit selection put me off.
After four days, the pressure was getting on me. This was the last day when the companies will be visiting the campus and I had to sign out. But still I didn't budge from position because I guessed that there will be a process to push the candidates who haven't got an offer in the profile they wished to get.
Also I saw a lot of them breaking down in the midst of the process. Many cried ( can you believe it ? Managers cryin). Few others signed off with profiles they were not interested(special thanks to my friends and seniors who urged me to wait).
after a long time, I guess I sort of like my present college.
The title of the post is essentially dedicated to my seniors and class mates in JIM and to my friends outside JIM(essentially a code word for my present college from a book).
I guess Im happy now. Great going da machan. I am destined to do great things.
Signing off (both post and job)

2 comments:

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

machan...
happy for you...

last week i was terribly busy... coming weeks too ... the life will be hectic!!! sigh!

tell me about your free times in december. i suppose i'll be coming to neyveli and staying with you... for 1-2 days...

or if you want kerala... we can think that way too.

sands.
PS: did this comment turn out to be a message?

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

the previous one was me.

sands.