Thursday, November 23, 2006

If death strikes

Thanking Surya for giving me permission to blatantly copy her post. I am not changing anything in her post except few deletions (whatever is not appropriate to my life). I guess I can’t do any justice to the post unlike her. Anyway my additions are below her words

My friends, when and if I die
Be it from accidents or diseases (No suicides definitely),
I would request you to honour my decision
The same way you honour me now.

Instead, pour out shots of tequila as potent as my zest for life
Generous quantities of red wine with the intense colour of my thoughts
Share many a story about me around a warm winter fire.

How, I made you laugh and cry
Made you angry and was your sedative
How I stood for truth and lied so easily-
Chew on them, along with some of my favourite food.

My friends, if I ever make a sudden journey,
Do not feel betrayed, do not fret
Even if it a surprise
For both me and you

Feel happy for me,
Live life the way I wanted to live
Making mistakes, happy, passionate
Enjoying long walks, good songs and dancing all night

Divide my books,
Pick and choose; take everything between yourselves
Do drop in at my parent's home in blue moon nights.

Live your life such that
I can leave mine without guilty
Safe in the knowledge
Of you taking care of yourself and my loved ones.

Amen.”


I wanted to smoke one cigarette in my life preferably in a hill station like munnar. I am not going to do that in my life for sure. Someone smoke that for me after my death.

This is for my best friends. One has been, is, will be my soul throughout my life (We have been friends for the past 23 years.). “Live life king size, senthil”. Live my dreams as well. Da, my life is not complete with you. :)
One doesn't know that I write blog. Hence I will leave him alone for a moment.
"The clan" - Toast me whenever you guys have a drink(smirnoff preferably)
The last will take care of himself . Kuttan, you have been one of the inspirations in my life. I know that you hate advice and I don’t have anything to offer you. You will live your life.


This part will be common for all close friends.


Remember me when you see someone wanting to adopt a kid.
Remember me when you listen to ilayaraja music on a full moon night
Remember me when you come across my past crushes. Tell them I loved them at different times of my life and my life would not have been complete without them.
Remember me when suchi says “Hello Chennai” in Radio Mirchi; when you go to Besant nagar beach; when you drink chaya or eat bread omlette in late nights;
Remember me when someone confesses his love for “The HINDU”, “Frontline”.
Remember me when you watch anbe sivam, kannathil mutthamital , azhagi or any good mohanlal movie.
Remember me when you come across a person who can’t flirt properly, who feels shy to ask any girl out(anyone who screws up relationship very easily)
Remember me when you see someone struggling to face the audience from the stage.
Remember me when you read ayn rand or any good book, blog.
Remember how I hated people who can’t speak their mother tongue(includes all fraud mallus).
Remember me when you see someone who doesn’t care about attire.
Remember me when you see someone who likes dark skinned heroine, tomboys(in attitude).
Remember me when you see someone speaking about Tamil literature and culture effortlessly(ideally he should speak about economic impact of Dravidian movement, cut-out politics, Periyar’s legacy). WTF ???? (I typed this. I am retaining this).

Amen.

3 comments:

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

one link to her would have been enough. right?

sands. !!

Vimal said...

The poem was good.
The post, awesome.

Dude, live like for 60+ years and then die of quickly and wihtout any regrets.

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@sands

I have my own reasons.

@vimal

wtf ?? i plan to live 100 + years..... :))