Monday, March 19, 2007

Mother of all decisions

this post will be about thoughts which are going in my mind at present..

First, if u dont like someone's post, the best way to comment is " I like the title, I like the colour, I like blah, I like blah blah"... :P.
No, I dont follow that style..

Second, Im moving to a state where I have to take mother of all decisions. Can I pull it off ? Im wondering.. its like a baby taking its first step. Guess it will be so painful but its the first step towards freedom..
Just like smoking 100 cigarettes in a single day and quitting smoking from that moment.

I have taken tough decisions in the past. I left a sure shot exchange offer in IIT. I guess there were 2 offers. One was taken by the professor. Other one was rejected by a guy for some silly reason. I had a good CG which was an important criteria. But then, I had to stand by my values. I didnt apply.
The offer would have been extremely good. With a nice stipend in germany, I would have spent time with sands at Munich. But then, that was a tough decision to make. I still made it. Will I ever till my children about the offer and my decision? Yes, I will.. Let them Judge whether I was a fool or a person who stood for his values.

Should I be selfish now ? Should I quit... Should I not quit and suffer like a silent sea with restless waves..... The waves; Yes, the restless waves; the tough decision ahead; I can postpone it; but I know that i cant avoid it.... There are only two roads ahead... One strewn with flowers leads to the cliff.. The other full of thorns leads to the light at the end of tunnel...
Let me start smoking the first cigarette now... I wish the 100th one should not come in my life.... But reality is not maniratnam movie where everyone is happy at the end....

yeah, when the 100 th one comes, I know that I ll be the ONE to take the mother of all decisions....

p.s: 1) Song of the moment.. "it all comes down to this- Oru nallil from puthupettai".

2) Time to quit this blog is nearing. Once I smoke the 100th one, I guess I ll leave this... and end one phase of my life. A beautiful LIFE.

No comments: