Sunday, May 07, 2006

musings on music

The whole weekend I was listening to Isai puyal ARR songs. Fortunately My hard disk got detected in Roomie's desktop. Earlier we tried hard but failed. But somehow Saturday when I tried for the last time, it worked. Since the room has 5.1 speakerset, I wanted to hear Thiruda thiruda, sangamam etc etc in it. When I heard "thee thee" song in it, it was purely bliss.
So here comes my list of rahman's best.

1- Thee thitthikum - thiruda thiruda - purely bliss
2- Minnale Nee - May madham - The violin strings which begin the song
3- Kannalane - Bombay - First time I loved hindustani vocals
4- Anjali Anjali - Duet - Infact all the songs in the film
5- seignore seignore - kannathil muthamittal- I love this one.vellai pookal in this film too
6- aathangara marame - kizakku cheemayale - Look out for lyrics. vairamuthu at his best
7- ithu than kaathal - puthiya mugam - lyric -"i said there was no god until i saw my mother"
8- sowkiyama kanne - sangamam - classical bliss. Nithyasree special
9- pachai nirame - alaipayuthe - he he ...this will be for shalini..Though rahman rocks
10 - Ishq bina - Taal -- another rahman hindustani special

Couldnt include Vande mataaram,roja,Indira in it. They are stunning albums as well.

Again album's like Baba will be in the worst category. There is no way he will be coming up with another album like Thiruda Thiruda. We have seen his best. They say that he has matured a lot and he is experimenting with new sounds,new instruments. But My only observation is this... Those days I liked his album from the word go. But now I dont. Sometimes even after listening for 3-4 times I cant bear that sound. Thats it.

No comments: