Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bye Bye Big Blue

Its time to say adieu to Big Blue. I have always respected and loved my alma-matter. I learnt many a thing here. Assertiveness(and how u attain the quality),Teaming, prioritising work, IBM's busines strategy (the bet it has placed on SOA and its core-competency - BCS),core files,PPC architecture.

Looking back I always wanted to work in Linux over RiSC machines. Two days ago I had a chance to speak with LTC guy who actually works on kernel modules dealing with PPC machines. Memories arose at that point. What would have happened if I was put in LTC after my training ? Would I have learnt linux kernel very fast ? Would I have always remained techical ?. Its interesting to think about that question "if it had happened that way ". I have always believed only simple things work in life. "c", "unix (console) and now RISC ( I hate IA-CISC's)- this is going to be the future.

Guys look out for SOA - IBM is rising its head. The way it leverages its multiple business units spread across hardware,software,services,research and produces value to the clients is amazing. Lets see whether I ll get to work at IBM - BCS.

For the past two days I was busy searching about consulting profiles at IBM. Had a chance to ponder about its advantages and disadvantages. I should give a serious thought on it.

This will be my last post for the next few weeks( may be months as well).

1 comment:

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

i just thought yesterday "What if i hadnt got good rank in GATE?"
it's like this you are thinking - "what if you were in LTC"

Have fun at home man.. have lot of fun.

- sands
PS: I still hate this CAPTCHA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA