Thursday, August 10, 2006

English literature and C programming

Well the topic is misleading. Thats a similie to my situation. Imagine a BA english literature guy who learns C programming in a week and has to write an OS in next 7 days. Thats precisely my plight here. I have got an assignment in finance comparable to above situation. Assignment should easily take some where around 90 hours. Monday is deadline and here I am blogging :)..........
I have lost the sensation of sleep. I sleep at 4.30-5.00 and wake up at 8.00 Am. afternoon a quick nap of 45 minutes .
Time is precious. :) so will sign off

6 comments:

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

I envy you man...

Btw, I would have put it the other way - A C programming guy and literature. :)
The perspective turns 180 degrees.

- sands
PS: Have started getting automated comments for my blog. Planning for this word recognition thing.

The Lonely Backpacker said...

ha ha ..finally u are screwed...:)...
Well u never know whether a C- programmer is good in literature or not..But u can be sure that a BA English guy doesnt know C...

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

i disagree...

I was not thinking from that point of view... I would like to imagine myself to be a C programmer by default rather than a literature guy.

and ofcourse, what you wanted to convey is that you are a person of some field, trying to conquer an unknown territory.. The way I put also, it stands the same..

- Sands
PS: Agreed that the probability of a literature guy knowing C is less than C guy knowing literature. (But both the probabilities are very small and negligible)

Somehow I am not ready to accept the first line of your comment.

The Lonely Backpacker said...

btw the first line of comment was for your word recognition thing :)

Lots of engineers are good in English but the other way round is very minute...

Sands | കരിങ്കല്ല് said...

Lots of engineers are good at English. Very true. But not many of them are good at "C". And English is not English literature.

So, that small fraction of engineers who are good in "C" and then good at English literature is still very small.

- Sands.

The Lonely Backpacker said...

@banished soul

Bull's eye :)..